Sunday, June 8, 2008

OBAMA IN DA HOUSE!!!

Finally, we have a Democratic candidate and because of all the stupid questions I get about Obama I thought I would blog some of the most common ones. First, here is my disclaimer for the upcoming "Decision 08"...Everyone, you need to start investigating what you hear! You can't go on what you see in the Enquirer, although there are stories I would love to think are true in there like loosing 20 lbs over night...but that isn't the case. Watch meet the press, NPR even CNN and most of all USE YOUR BRAIN!

I would like to persuade you all to vote for Obama but what I really would love is to challenge everyone to go to the candidates official websites and read over their platforms. Pick the best candidate for what you believe in!

I am taking a political science class right now and 50 years ago the words "Democrat" and "Republican" weren't associated with Liberal and Conservative like they are today. They both are very general terms. So don't associate your decision based stricly on party! The opposing candidates can have the same values as you on certain issues even though they aren't labeled what you want them to be labeled.

Ok there is my sphill! On to the dumb myths!

1- Obama is Muslim! (False)
I have read two of his books and did research. This is not the case. Thought you would find this interesting. When is being diversified a bad thing?

Barack's father was born in Kenya and was raised as a muslim. When Barack's father grew up he became an atheist or agnostic. Obama attended Catholic & Muslim (in Indonesia) schooling for 4 to 5 years before being sent to live in America with his grandmother. He was sent to these schools not for religion but because his mother wanted him to attend the best schools around for educational purposes. Barack Obama is a Christian and has never had anything to do with Muslim Religions. Just another desperate attempt to keep this inspirational leader out of the White House

The below is from his book "Dreams from My Father".
"In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school, two years at a Catholic school. In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell my mother that I made faces during Koranic studies. My mother wasn't overly concerned. 'Be respectful,' she'd said. In the Catholic school, when it came time to pray, I would pretend to close my eyes, then peek around the room.
Nothing happened. No angels descended. Just a parched old nun and thirty brown children, muttering words. Sometimes the nun would catch me, and her stern look would force my lids back shut. But that didn't change how I felt inside. I felt that way now, listening to Will; my silence was like closing my eyes."

More info....
"Calling Obama a Separatist is like calling Hitler a Humanitarian. Yet this is another aspect that has been brought at me as I spread the Obama word one computer screen at a time. Yes Barack Obama belongs to the Trinity United Church of Christ on the South Side of Chicago. This is a predominantly (but not exclusively) black church who is very proud of their race and heritage. They are not racist, they are not a separatist group, these are all lies and misconceptions. The south side of Chicago is heavily black and extremely poor. This church is about bringing people together to rise up out of their situations. They are proud to be black and I don't find that to be racist at all. They don't exclude any race from their church which is what people will lead you to believe."


2- Obama doesn't put his hand on his heart during the POA! (False)

"An anonymous e-mail has been sent out to countless people stating exactly that. Ridiculous as it may be, some people actually believe it. This is exactly what happened blow by blow and shows you the infamous photo of "Barack Dissing The Flag". I am amazed this has gotten as much attention on the net as it has, it just shows how desperate someone is getting (either Hillary or the Republicans). The event ocurred at Senator Tom Harkin's steak fry in Iowa and the attackers take everything out of context. Obama, Richardson, & Hillary are all facing away from the flag as the national anthem is being played. If this were a miltary funeral then all 3 were in violation of code. This being a steak fry means that no one has broken flag code. Its a good photo for the myth but in reality Obama is a stout patriot and always puts his hand over his heart when he says the pledge of allegiance. Nice try to the anonymous attacker who instigated the myth. The fact that he/she remains anonymous should in itself prove its not true."

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Just thought I would say Hi! I love the song on your blog! Are you going to the concert? I am for sure!

510Jen said...

Oh and your Obama widget. You crack me up. Still love ya!