
Some of you may not have voted for him or been on board with his platform, but no one can deny the historical date of November 4th, 2008! Barack Obama, a 47-year-old first-term senator from Illinois, shattered more than 200 years of history Tuesday night by winning the election as the first African-American president of the United States.
Popular and electoral votes both went to Obama accompanied with record numbers of voter turn outs....it says something fantastic. He will be the 5th youngest President to ever serve our country and is about to step into two wars, the worst economic crisis since the depression, and a planet in need of some tender loving care (global meltdown)! I know we will see some change and applaud him for wanting to take on the job!
“If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.” “Young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled, Americans have sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of red states and blue states,” he said. “We have been and always will be the United States of America".
Barack Obama
4 comments:
Wonderful post! I love Barack and I cried! It was amazing no one can deny that!
Did I vote for him. No. Is it amazing how far our Country has come? Very much so!
I did vote for him and I am very excited about it!!!!!!He is an Awsome man.
Kim and I, one of the few democrats in our neighborhood were so happy when they announced he would be our next President. Yeah!! It was so nice to see you at the Loft. You looked great! Glad I found your blog through Lyndees.
Post a Comment