Friday, January 18, 2008

$$$ MONEY PIT $$$

We closed on our house over a week ago and we have still not moved in...I think the lady we bought the house from had a pack of wolves live with her from the time we made an offer until closing. The house is only four years old and we have had to do the following...

* Replace all carpet & Hard wood in the house
* Replace all base boards
*Replace all appliances
*Replace toilet seat covers...they are the kind when you sit down and its a cushion...GROSS!
*Paint entire house from top to bottom
* Patching like you wouldn't believe
*Replacement of some doors
*Replacement of all door hardware

We also turned the front sitting room into a office...this project is now going on a week straight and way over budget LOL...it will be awesome when we are done...hopefully this weekend! This lady should have been turned into the health department...here are some before and after pics so far!


Before

After

Before

After

Max Room After

If I showed you the boys rooms before you would puke! :)

6 comments:

Adrienne Engar said...

I feel for you. You have done a great job though. I hope you like your new house and neighborhood. MOVING SUCKS!!!

melanie said...

AAHHH I hate the never ending work a house brings, especially when it is someone elses grose mess. It looks good, I love the paint color, very welcoming. Do you miss the basement? :)

Lyndee said...

That sucks that you had to fix everything. looks great in the after pictures. Post a picture of the outside of your house.

BROOKE said...

looks good. Thats a lot of hard work.
I think its awesome to see the snow out max's window. I'm freezing here in texas. I miss ya'll but I do not miss the snow. but it is verry pritty.

Kristin said...

hey how come when i drove past your new house there was that yellow caution tape blocking the front door?

Sarah Bates said...

KJ your a fag...LOL