Our beloved Mother, grandmother and great grandmother passed away March 5th 2008 at home surrounded by her family. Born June 3, 1914 to Frederick and Florence Davies in Cleveland Ohio. Arlene grew up in SLC and Murray Utah. She graduated from Granite High School where she went on to work for Remington Arms during the war. Her entire life revolved around caring for her loved ones. She helped raise her brother and cared for her parents till they passed on. She Married Clifford Verl Walker on March 28, 1952 and had two boys whom were the light of her life. Arlene retired from Skaggs Corp. after 20 years of service with the company and has resided the last 50 years in Riverton, Utah.
Granny loved watching the wheel of fortune and of course her number one team…The Utah Jazz. She never missed a game! She was a phenomenal cook and love to comfort with food. No one could make a pinch-me-cake like hers. We will never forget Christmas Eve’s at grannies or how she made us laugh with her great sense of humor. She will be missed greatly.
Arlene is survived by her two sons, Scott Walker (Debbie), Jeff Walker (Denice), grandchildren Sarah, Sandi, James, Staci and Michael, and 5 great grandchildren: Jaxson, Ava, Max, Sydney and Nolan. Preceded in death by her parents and all her siblings: Russell Davies, Dorothy Wilson, Alice Taylor, Florida Huffman, Frank (Pat) Davies, Leone Davies and Freddy Davies. An open house dinner will be held in her memory at 2658 West 12270 South Saturday March 15th from 1:00 to 4:00 for all family and friends.
Granny & Jaxson 2003
Granny and Max this last summer!

Granny & Jaxson 2005! He was her first great grandchild and it showed!

My cousins and I with granny 2004!
9 comments:
She will be missed...I always loved hearing stories about funny things she said or did. Let me know what I can do to help with things Saturday...Love you Sar :)
She was an amazing lady. I still have the Christmas stocking she gave to me many years ago. I loved going to your house when I was younger because your Grandma was always there sitting in her chair and she was so nice to me. Please tell your family I will be thinking of them.
I am so sorry Sar, I loved your granny too she was the best. I loved it when she called yours or your moms name. I will call you later.
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I now she was one neat lady. You will be in our prayers please tell your family we are thinking of them.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma! I'm doing good! How about you?
hey Sarah. So sorry to hear about Arlene. She will be missed. I have some memories of her. I hope you are all doing okay.
I'm so sorry Sarah! I hope you are doing ok...let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
P.S. you are number one on my friends list!!
Sarah I was so sorry to hear of your grandma. I never new her but I do know how hard it is to loose someone you love. Your in my thoughts.
Sarah, we were saddened to hear the news of your Grandmother's passing. Bryan always spoke so highly of her. She sounds like such a fun and giving person. Dorothy was grateful for the pictures you sent. Please send your family our families condolences. You have a darling family, take care of those cute boys.
~Sincerely, Tricia and Bryan Molen
Post a Comment