Monday, March 31, 2008

Jaxson's turns 8!!!

Today is Jaxson's 8th Birthday! I remember this day 8 years ago all too well...I had been on bed rest for two months with pre-eclamsia and I had a lot of pain in my upper abdomen so my mother made me go in, yet again to the hospital (on March 30th). They decided I was going into HELLP syndrome which is where your blood pressure is so high that you can have a stroke or seizures so they induced me. Jaxson wasn't supposed to come til May which we were guessing at since I didn't know the date of my last period. At 12PM the next day I wasn't dilating at all...not even a 1 and Jaxson started showing stress so they took me in for an emergency C-Section. He came out at 4lbs 7oz...later that night he only weighed 3lbs 12oz. My mom, Troy and Jen were in the operating room and I can remember hearing Jen say, "wow he is really small". Then I kept wondering why he wasn't crying. They said that my placenta had basically stopped working and he was also really out of it too because of the meds (mag) they put you on while in HELLP syndrome. They rushed him off to the NICU where he lived for the next month. He had to be fed through a tube and in an incubator the whole works. Pretty scary! Jaxson has fit the preemie mold to a T. He had four operations on his urethra area because it wasn't developed, tonsils out because of sleep apnea, asthma, crappy immune system. He has had it rough these first eight years and my birthday wish for him is that it is easy sailing for the next 8. He deserves it! Happy Birthday bud...we love you!



7 Years old


6 years old


5 Years old


5 Years old

4 comments:

Chad and Kelly said...

wow! he has sure been through a lot! I can't believe you have an 8 year old. That seems kinda weird since we are only 25.
Email me grundy@q.com I would love to seem those pictures of max.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is 8 already. Wow, how the time flies. He is such a cutie. Happy Birthday Jaxson. Hope that he has a great year.

Lyndee said...

Happy Birthday Jaxson! wow I never knew all that. That is so sad. He is such handsome little guy.

510Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Has it really been that long. Wowsers I can remember the day he was born. Is was such a great day I love Dr. Barney for letting me be a part of it. Miss you girl. I tried calling you a couple of days ago. CALL ME BACK!